Ahoy Ireland!

I just watched the movie, "P.S. I Love You," now out on DVD, starring Hilary Swank and sexy Scotsman Gerard Butler (Irishman in the film). P.S. follows fresh-faced widow Holly (Swank), as she struggles to cope with the untimely death of her energetic husband Gerry (Butler). Filmed through a series of flashbacks to the couples meeting, courtship, and life together, past meets present through a series of letters Gerry writes for his wife to open after his death. Touching and emotional, this movie is definitely not for the faint of heart.

One of my favorite scenes in the movie when Holly and her friends return to the place she and Gerry first met - Ireland! The landscapes are lush, green, and absolutely breathtaking. This movie, the jovial pub scene, and the Irish accents are motivation enough for me to plan a vacation to the home of my ancestors! Anyone want to join me?
image/nationalgeographic
image/latimes

3 comments

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I have been dying to make a trip to Ireland.

AJK said...

I watched this movie on the plane to Cyprus and cried my eyes out!!! Embarrassing . . . .

Nicole Marie said...

I cried during the trailor...I dont think I can handle the whole movie :)