The Moves

Anyone watch Gossip Girl last night? Looks like Lil J is destined for the dark side...unless white knight Nate can straighten her course. Yes, I know this GG image wasn't from last night's episode, but it got me thinking. What is it that TV, movies, basically every entertainment avenue cashes in on this move: the guy "helping" or demonstrating to the girl the "correct" moves to hit a cue ball, swing a golf club, throw a football, or basically anything semi-sporty. Meanwhile the girl demurely feigns ignorance, and blissfully bats their eyes. I'm curious to know, has anyone ever had this move tried on them? Or even better - fallen for this move? I'd really like to know!

1 comment

Grassyllama said...

scotty tried to teach me to snowboard once. I think he stood behind me to show me how...I dunno, the details are foggy. I do know it ended in me crying tears of frustration and vowing never to attempt the awful sport again. Sitting in the lodge drinking hot choc suits me much more.