B.Y.O. P.S.L.

Translation: Bring Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte
...Or make your own at home! While I've tried the pumpkin spice creamer available in grocery stores, it really isn't the same delicious flavor as coffee-shop variety pumpkin spice lattes. Now here's a recipe that is sure to bring the coffee shop to your kitchen.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
makes 1-2 servings

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin OR 1 teaspoon of Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup (your choice)
2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute - you can halve this amount
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup of espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee if you don't have an espresso machine.)

Directions:
In a saucepan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you don't have a blender, don't worry about it - just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.

Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.

Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top.

image+recipe/thekitchn

7 comments

Vivian said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe!! I'll definitely make it next time my girl friends come over!! Wonderful Fall treat.

Katie said...

Thank you! My friends and I were just discussing how ridiculous it is to pay $4 for a small P.S.L. I will have to make these for them. I'm sure it smells fabulous too!

Allison said...

I can't wait to try this recipe, it's my favorite coffee drink! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Thanks so much for posting this!! I love the pumpkin spice latte at starbucks but they're pricey!

Melanie's Randomness said...

That sounds Sooo Yummy!! I love these lil specialty drinks but yeah they can be mad expensive!! Thanks for the recipe!! =)

Rachel said...

This is exactly what I need! I love the PSL, but I am a little wary of whatever is in the syrup they use. Syrup freaks me out a bit.

Unknown said...

yumyumyum! that looks so delicious- and would go perfectly with the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies i just made!