Dinner Last Night: Pad Thai

Last night was my first attempt ever at making pad thai. Since I've quite a Thai food fiend, I figured this might be a good way to save myself some money and learn how to make it myself in lieu of always reverting to take-out. I was pleased my attempt was mostly successful. While I didn't quite master that spicy-sweet flavor that makes good pad thai great, I think I did pretty well considering it was my first time. Once I had all the appropriate ingredients, it wasn't too difficult using this recipe via cup and table.

5 comments

meghan said...

I love successfully making a meal that I enjoy the takeout version of. I like my Chinese takeout every once in a while, but something about making it seems so daunting...It would save some money though. Congrats on your Pad Thai. Sounds like a challenge...that I might have to give a whirl sometime.

Linn said...

That looks really good:)

Have a great day.

heather{land} said...

I think there is also a Pad Thai recipe in the new Cooking Light -- I haven't gotten all the way through the issue yet, so I am not sure how "authentic" it is. I am still looking for the perfect recipe for my cashew nut chicken!

Brittany said...

ooh! i'm intrigued! i love pad thai and i've been intimidated by the long ingredient list. maybe i'll give this a try!

whitney said...

that looks amazing! my sister and i have been attempting to make thai food also--since we order it once a week {atleast!} but i agree, once you have all the main ingredients, it is just trying out different combinations to get it spicier or closer do your liking! good luck next time!