Transit Maps of the World

I need this book! I don't know what it is, but there is something fascinating to me about subway maps. I find these intricate underground networks captivating, everything is connected! I think it all stems from the fact that I'm actually quite envious Seattle DOES NOT have a transit system like this.

I'm proud to say I've successfully navigated transit systems in quite a few cities, domestic and international; New York City, London, Prague, Paris, Rome, and Tokyo. Of all I've experienced, London is the fanciest, and Tokyo while the cleanest, is definitely the most complicated. In the big cities like Osaka, there are entire cities underground; malls, department stores, it's utter insanity, navigating the subway is truly an art form in Japan.
Tokyo subway map
Paris Metro map

6 comments

And So I Whisper said...

I would also like to have it.
Have a great weekend.

Vivian said...

I want that book!!! I love subway systems... Montreal had such a small one (only four lines), so living in Seoul or Osaka was such a huge change. Thanks for sharing this link.

Stevie said...

I love them, too! Subways are such amazing feats of engineering and I love the energy in those underground worlds. I'm even in awe of Seattle's small bus tunnel. The light rail tunnels are pretty cool, too.

I loved riding the Tube in London and my favorite US system is probably the Metro in DC.

Brittany said...

the metro in DC is the best! so easy to navigate and very clean.

Sonja said...

ooooh super cool!
Subways ARE really interesting.
Toronto's subway system is really pretty simple compared to many other big cities, but the weird thing is we have a ghost subway line (haha well not quite) it's a line that was constructed and used years and years ago, but then closed down and now it's empty and the stations are inaccessible, but they sometimes use them to shoot movies.

Unknown said...

That is not the Paris metro. It is the London Underground