Temple Grandin

Have you ever heard of Temple Grandin? She's a woman with autism who has become wildly successful by revolutionizing machines in the cattle industry by her ability to think in pictures. I read her book, Thinking in Pictures a few years ago, so naturally I was interested in seeing the movie when it debuted. In the HBO movie, Claire Danes stars as the title character, Temple Grandin. Having seen Claire Danes in several other films, I thought she did a fantastic job! As a teacher, I've seen that students with autism have distinct hallmarks behaviors, and Claire Danes was able to capture many of these in her performance. The film and book are really expand and explain some insight into how brains of individuals with autism are wired differently. If you're in to learn something new, check these out!

image/hbo

6 comments

Nicki said...

Hmm, I've never heard of this, but it sounds really interesting. I'll bookmark it for future reading! Have a happy wednesday!

Bridget said...

i saw this movie and loooved it.

whitney johnson said...

this was an awesome movie and i learned so much--really an amazing woman. great recommendation :)

Kazmowife said...

When I lived in Ft Collins for Grad school, she lived above me in my apartment complex. She is a very interesting lady...

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

It's on our Netflix que!

p.s. LOVED the mail we got today! :) It turned out perfect!!!

Noodles and Waffles said...

I loved the movie. I didn't know she had written books...thanks for the heads-up.