Goodreads

One thing you probably know about me, if you've ever read this blog before is that I am an avid reader.  I rarely turn down a book recommendation from a friend, colleague, or family member, and am always eager for my fave blogs to update their own "recent read" posts, just so I can scour the stacks for a copy of my own to promptly devour.

But keeping track of all those books is a tiresome task, that's hard to keep up with.  Hence - Goodreads.  Ever heard of it?  I love it!  Essentially this website tracks all of your past, future, and recent reads, let's you rank and/or comment accordingly.  This is sooo helpful to me as I tend to scrawl book recommendations down on post-its, stuff in my purse, and then proceed to lose...  

Once you have friends on goodreads, you can peek at their recent reads, recommendations and go from there!  Easy peasy!  

So, you want to trade reviews and be my goodreads friend?

image/homesweethome

9 comments

Lindsay said...

Yay I'm so happy you are on goodreads!

Mary said...

I've been intrigued by Goodreads for a long time, but I must admit I'm a little intimidated by it. Seems cumbersome to update initially and then keep updated. Is it not? I will have to check it out again.

Lea said...

What a great idea! I love to read and need to find the time again to actually do it! No excuses! Checking Goodreads out.

Sarah Alway said...

I've been enjoying your blog lately, and now that I know you are a fellow book lover I will enjoy it even more! I've heard of Goodreads but I've been on Shelfari for about a year so switching has seemed overwhelming. But maybe I will have to revisit Goodreads now...

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing. I will definitely have to check that out.

Nicole Marie said...

sweet! i added you but hopefully it worked. it didn't give me a confirmation

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Love that site! Did you see what book I'm reading now - the Amanda Knox one!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your book recommendations and have read many of your recommendations!

Brittany said...

i love goodreads! i don't always comment on the books i've read, but it's so nice to have them all organized on there. i love seeing what everybody else is reading as well.