Crispy Lemon Zest

I saw a culinary tip in my latest Martha Stewart Living magazine, and I can't wait to try it - crisp lemon zest.  According to Martha, "frying zest gives it a crisp texture and a caramelized flavor."  Brilliant, right?  Simply use a vegetable peeler to remove the rind of 2 lemons, slice the peels into matchsticks.  Place 1/4 inch oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  Add zest to hot oil; cook about 3 seconds.  Strain oil before serving, or use oil and zest together in a marinade or dressing. 
Can't wait to try this!

image/somethingelsetoeat

5 comments

Sophie said...

what an awesome little tip. i can't wait to try it myself!

Leslie said...

That sounds amazing. I can't even figure out how to get the zest to peel properly.

Sarah Alway said...

I've never heard of this before but I love lemon so I bet it's delicious!

Bridget said...

i'm obsessed with all things lemon, so i really should give this a try.

Anonymous said...

off-white
jordan shoes
fear of god essentials
goyard
jordan outlet
hermes birkin bag
supreme hoodie
ggdb sneakers
nike sb
jordan shoes