Dinner Last Night: Mushroom Bourguignon

Please excuse the less-than-glamorous iphone photo, but despite its lack of photogenic potential, dinner last night was delicious!  Pulling once again from my go-to cookbook, Smitten Kitchen, I made mushroom bourguignon.  Since I've had had a slight meat aversion since being pregnant, I opted to make a meat-free dish that still retained that hearty, "meaty" quality.  This pasta provided ample leftovers, which reheated superbly, reason enough to make it again, right?  Complete with some maple-balsamic brussels sprouts and we had ourselves a dinner!

image/myphotos


3 comments

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

I just got the Martha Stewart Meatless book from the library and you should check it out too for some good non-meat alternatives! Your dish sounds yummy!

Sarah Alway said...

I'm definitely going to try maple-balsamic brussels sprouts! Yum!

meme-and-he said...

dang girl! way to go! looks delicious.