Dinner Last Night: Seared Scallops with Pea Puree and Beurre Blanc

Just call me Julia Child, friends!  A few nights ago, after that annoying Iggy Azalea song had me singing "I'm so fancy," on repeat, I decided it was high time to put the fancy back in dinner.  After a sweep of the ol' pinterest board, I selected this elegant dish; seared scallops with pesto pea puree and beurre blanc.  Not your average Monday night, eh?  Well, it was surprising easy - for real, thanks to Trader Joe's frozen scallops, my Nutribullet, and a whole lotta butter!  Butter really does make everything better…Julia was right all along.  Although I was channeling the culinary genius, I'm not sure I came even close to mastering beurre blanc (basically butter, heavy cream, and white white stirred and reduced), nor was it finessed in the same way, however the final dish did to match the picture surprisingly enough!  Victory!

image + recipe/bakedbree

No comments