Side Dish Only Thanksgiving

Could you do a without a turkey on Thanksgiving?  I read a family's story of their side-dish-only Thanksgiving and I was intrigued.  Honestly, while I do enjoy a good turkey on T-Day, it is definitely not my favorite thing on the menu.  I don't know if I could ever convince my family to jump on this bandwagon, but I thought it was an interesting concept.  Cheers to more mashed potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and beyond!  Oh, and don't forget a few heaping helpings of apple pie…

Would you do a side-dish only Thanksgiving?  Do tell...

image/bbb

2 comments

Mary said...

Half my family is vegetarian, so although I do still make the turkey, most of them fill their plates with sides only. I am not vegetarian, but I actually also don't eat the turkey. I like leftover turkey sandwiches, but on the day itself, I only eat the sides - that's my favorite part. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenny said...

I agree with Mary's comment above! For me the purpose of turkey the sandwiches for the next few days! It's an afterthought when I pile it on my plate on Thanksgiving, but those next few days I'd definitely miss the sandwiches!