My Favorite Things: Swell Water Bottle

I'm reviving an old series as I've been inspired to blog more lately.  My latest favorite thing is my new Swell water bottle.  I consider myself sort of a water bottle junkie.  When I was teaching, I always tried to keep a full water bottle full on my desk.  On a typical day, the bottle would remain untouched, forgotten, lost in the chaos and busyness of lesson plans, moving from subject to subject without intermission.  If by chance I did remember it was there, I'd guzzle as much as possible to stay on top of my hydration.  

After the glass craze, I tried the bkr, excited about my environmentally friendly purchase.  However, the first one cracked after a short fall, and the second shattered after falling out of my bag.  I figured third time's the charm?  Not in this case, the third acquired a gross mildew/mold inside the the cap which was impossible to clean, and frankly grossed me out.  Hence, I moved on.  

After that, I tried the Ello glass water bottle (dropped this one in my driveway accidentally, shattered into a hundred pieces instantly...I swear I'm not a klutzy person too). 

About this time, my family gave me a Swell water bottle on my birthday, and I'm quite happy with it, and have no fear of it breaking due to the chaos of getting in and out of the car frequently.  Plus, it stays cool for 24 hours, hot for 12.  Beat that glass bottles!

image/teaforjoy
image/swell

No comments