Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  Wishing love and happiness to all the mamas out there.  My heart is full of gratitude as I celebrate my fourth Mother's Day this year, and was awoken to the sweet scent of pancakes, a card bearing by my children's names in my daughter's penmanship, and a bouquet of  flowers.  I love my children fiercely, and though they sure wear me out by bed time, I couldn't imagine life any other way.  

Also sending a heartfelt prayer to all of those women dreaming and wishing to be mothers, who may not have gotten the opportunity yet for a number of reasons.  Today, I am thinking of you today, and praying for you. 

In the event that you have a little extra time to peruse links on your special day, here's a roundup of a few that intrigued me this week.

+ this episode of Radio Lab (it's old, yes, but very interesting about the challenges some same-sex couples face internationally related to surrogacy)

+ watched The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks on HBO this week. I read the book years ago, but this gave some perspective to the character of Deborah Lacks (Henrietta's youngest daughter).  Oprah is powerful and captivating as Deborah, you truly forget that she's Oprah!

+ this sweet, reaffirming post on aging 

+ salivating over these antipasto skewers, summer picnics are in sight!

+ eager to read this new parenting book

+ loving this post on finding the balance between being motherhood and everything else

+ interesting read, "our mothers as we never saw them"

image/designmom

No comments